This page is for those who are looking for the best remix software available.
There is a wide variety of programs that are capable of producing great remixes, though when selecting such a platform, there are several matters to take into account.
Whether you want to create a genuine remix, mash-up your favorite songs or make your own original music, then there is a program for you.
The best remixing software available at the moment is called Dubturbo, where no hardware is required, except your computer. Check Out The Official Website Here
There are a many reasons why this should be your first choice, which will get into momentarily.
Below is a brief overview of what I believe to be the most suitable sequencing platforms for remixing and producing music of all genres.
Wanna make it big in the production or DJ industry? When downloading the standard Dubturbo package, there is a fantastic little add-on, in the form of a guide which is full of amazing information to assist you in making a career out of music.
By far the easiest to use remix program on the market, it is still highly capable of producing radio ready beats. Due to its ease-of-use, the dirt cheap discount pricing and compatibility, Dubturbo is the first choice for thousands of producers, DJs and musicians alike.
With super high quality samples, sounds and instruments, in addition to the ability to engage your keyboard as a drum machine to trigger drum patterns live, it has fast become the most popular program on the market.
Discount Online Price: $29.95
- Instant Software Download
- Mac and PC Versions Available
- No Additional Hardware Required
- High Quality Sounds And Instruments
- Easily export sessions to .wav files
- Additional sounds and plug-ins available
- Easiest to use platform on the market
Once upon a time, when I first got my hands on it, the price was around $200.00. However, it has been dropped a ridiculous amount with even more great add-ons available.
Logic studio is a professional-grade application which is amazing for producing a wide range of music, especially remixes and mash-ups of existing songs.
It is a complete studio package that is developed for MAC users only.
Experienced engineers only will be able to learn to operate this platform, though when you do get the hang of it, the results will blow you away. Perfect for all electronic forms of music in addition to live vocals, drums and other instruments you may want in any complete song.
Regular Package Price: $449.00
- Purchased as complete package (CD in box)
- Developed for MAC users only
- Professional grade studio application
- Amazing sounding instruments and samples
- Powerful range of plug-ins and effects
- Additional plug-ins available
- Experienced producers only
CHECK OUT AMAZON.com FOR THE CHEAPEST VERSION OF LOGIC
So I know it is difficult to compare these two programs as song remixing software, but I feel it was important to demonstrate some of the big differences, but more importantly the similarities.
Both are great for creating original (electronic) music and generating remixes; just that one is much more expensive and difficult to use.
Methods Of Remixing With Software
- It should be noted that if you are looking to create a new, mastered remix track then you need the individual vocal and instruments tracks. There is no possible way to separate the music from the vocals of a completed song. Just not possible.
- The process is much simpler if you are looking to mix two tracks that are essentially instrumental tracks only. To include vocals of any kind, you will need to complete an internet search for the “acapella” version – this is the vocal track without any music. This will then permit you to add these vocals to any music you like.
Today (just for a commercial example) we are going to mix the music from Eminem’s “Lose Yourself” with the vocals from Lady Gaga’s “Just Dance”
- Conduct an internet search for “Eminem Lose Yourself Instrumental” to find a download of the music-only version of this track.
- Do a similar search for “Lady Gaga Just Dance Acapella”. When you have the two tracks you are ready to role.
- Download Dubturbo and watch the video tutorial Number 3 Titled How To Import Your Own Samples. Treat your vocal and instrument tracks like a drum sample and import the tracks into a new session.
- Set your volume levels and change the tempo (BPM) to where you want it.
- Add any additional samples or instrument sounds that you would like.
- Export the completed track by using the button at the top of the platform window.
Now you have your own, unique mashup of two great songs that would go nuts in when mixed into your own DJ set, regardless of your genre.